Since we’ve been given the government go ahead to re-open on Sat 25th July, we’ve been busy behind the scenes to ensure that when we re open it is as safe for everyone as possible. It is our priority to keep you fit and healthy and while we’ve been closed, we’ve been making sure that we don’t just follow the government guidelines for reopening but we go above and beyond to create an environment that you feel safe to train in.
Things look quite different but we have been lucky and have enough space available to us that we have only had to remove very minimal equipment. In order to be able to carefully manage numbers and ensure easy social distancing, access to the building will only be possible via pre booked sessions. Hopefully most of your questions will be answered in this email but if you have any further concerns or questions then we will be able to explain all the changes when you return, by phone on 07826 198 343 or online at
1. MAXIMUM CAPACITY
We will be limiting the maximum capacity in the gym at any one time and the gym time booking system will allow for a steady flow of entries and exits throughout the day. This will ensure we can keep a safe space between members.
We will be limiting the maximum class capacity and our studio will have designated training spaces to ensure social distancing is carried out at all times. There will be additional time between classes to minimise congestion and to allow time for us to clean and sanitise the studio.
- Class bookings are returning to the Virtuagym booking system if you do not already have an account then you will be required to set one up before booking any classes.
- Once you have created an account class booking can be made with ease via gymactive.fitness or our Virtuagym app.
- If you have any outstanding credits, these will be added once your Virtuagym account is set up.
- Class bookings open exactly 6 days before the start of the class.
- If you are unable to attend you must cancel your booking, failure to do so within 2hrs of the start of the class will result in full payment being taken.
- You will only be able to enter the building when your instructor collects you from the front entrance, if you happen to arrive early then please wait outside the building and ensure you maintain social distancing.
- Access to the gym will only be possible via a pre booked session.
- You can book gym sessions via our website gymactive.fitness
- Sessions are for 75min (1hr 15min)
- Bookings for gym sessions open exactly 6 days before the day you wish to visit.
- You will only be able to enter the building within you booked slot, if you happen to arrive early then please wait outside the building and ensure you maintain social distancing.
- If you are unable to attend your session please cancel your session via the link in your booking confirmation email. Persistent failure to attend booked sessions (more than 3 times in a rolling 30 day period) will result in gym bookings be suspended for 7 days.
We would encourage you to pay via cashless methods where possible to avoid any unnecessary physical contact. It is possible to pre pay for all of our services via our website gymactive.fitness
We’ve increased our cleaning hours to make sure there’s more regular cleaning of the gym, studios, reception, showers and toilets. Gym equipment will be cleaned regularly throughout the dayand every member must clean equipment before and after use. On entry to the gym you will collect your cleaning spray and hand towel dispenser this must stay with you throughout the duration of your visit.
5. HAND SANITISERS
There will be hand sanitiser stations throughout the building. In addition, we kindly ask that you wash your hands regularly.
Towels are not to be used on the gym floor or in the studios.
Showers will be available if required, however we would discourage their use. We encourage you to arrive gym ready where possible. A reduced number of lockers will still be in use but please maintain social distancing at all times whilst you are using them.
8. HEALTH DECLARATION
By entering the building every member and guest is agreeing to make a COVID-19 Health Declaration to confirm that :
- You do not have any COVID-19 symptoms
- You have not received a positive test in the last seven days
- You are not waiting on a Coronavirus test result
- That no member of your household has COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting on a test result
- That to the best of your knowledge you have not been in close contact with anyone who is exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms or has tested positive.
- All members and guests are also expected to maintain social distancing and to keep themselves, fellow members and staff safe by adhering to the safety advice and guidance given.